Monster 2 (A.K.A. Body Bag) is the second monster to be encountered in the Karamari Hospital DLC.
Monster 2 appears to be a partially unzipped grey body bag with a white skinned corpse inside of it. It has empty eye-sockets and no visible mouth.
Monster 2 is first encountered after the player discovers the missing badge from the doctor's certificate within one of the Morgues. After the badge is collected, a red flash occurs, and the body bags on the tables mysteriously vanish. After exiting the morgue, the player must walk down a long hallway lined with the previously missing body bags. Monster 2 lies at the end of the hallway. When approached, Monster 2 will rise from the ground and begin chasing the player.
Before encountering Monster 2, several images will flash on-screen, some of which contain these two messages:
"Why did you leave your soul behind?"
"The worm feeds from you."
Monster 2 deals 20 damage with a cooldown of one second.
The player will receive infinite stamina upon awakening Monster 2. The infinite stamina lasts until the end of the chase. When the chase begins, the player must turn back and enter the hallway to the left. The player will then reach a split path. Enter the left hallway as the right hallway contains a dead end with Monster 2 waiting in it. As the player proceeds through the left hallway, once again, they will find themselves in a straight hallway lined with body bags. At the end of said hallway lies the exit door. Proceeding through the exit door will end the chase. Monster 2 is never encountered again.
Htting Monster 2 with the Sword multiple times will automatically end the chase and teleport the player to the entrance of the morgue.
|"Nightmares become Fantasies" (chase theme)|
|"Nightmares become Fantasies" (full track)|
- The monster's chase theme seems to be a remix of a song called "Nightmares become Fantasies", a song made by one of the developers, Akuma Kira.
- Monster 2 is the only specimen that enhances the player's abilities.
- Monster 1 and Monster 2 are the only monsters from the DLC that are absent in Endless Mode.
- Monster 2 has been added into the HD version, making it the only enemy that can re-chase the player exclusively in one version of the game.
Monster 2 is much faster during its chase in Karamari Hospital and deals 45 damage instead of 20.
Its speed mechanic seems to work similar to that of Specimen 3, as in it speeds up the longer it goes in one direction but has a hard time taking turns, which means it is better to wait for it to catch up to the player and quickly running around a corner rather than just simply out-running it.
Monster 2's starting room is similar to the one in Karamari Hospital, in which body bags are lying on the floor. A random body bag will get up after the player goes past it and begin to chase.
Monster 2 no longer grants infinite stamina. It doesn't float over gaps nor acid pits. Upon coming in contact with the player, it will teleport back to the entrance of the room and the player's vision will be obstructed by flashing images for a few seconds. The Axe and Sword have no effect on it.
It should be noted that Monster 2's on-hit effects still apply if the player currently has invincibility frames. As such, it's beneficial to get hit by a weaker enemy first right before Monster 2 attacks in order to make it go back to the entrance of the room without it dealing damage.
- Monster 2's room's wall texture is also used in Unknown Specimen 5's starting room, on the third loop.
- If the player goes through the exit door before Monster 2 has finished its rising animation in Endless Mode, it will not chase the player after they leave the room. This is only possible if one of the body bags picked to be Monster 2 is close to the door. This gives the player enough time to reach the door and negate the chase.
- Monster 2 will still be added to the Re-chase Pool, however.