Monster 3 appears to be an abnormally large baby head with closed eyes, a wrinkled face, and an oval shaped mouth. The baby head is encapsulated in a rusted steel outline of a box. Its face glitches into a few different images.
Monster 3 is the first monster the player encounters while they are exploring the Secret Laboratory. It will appear in a select few rooms; spawning at different points within the rooms. When the creature appears, a contorted whine can be heard.
It deals 16 damage to the player with a 1 second cooldown.
Monster 3 can float through walls; although it moves very slowly, making it easy to escape from if trapped.
It can be killed with the sword, but will appear again when the player re-enters a room.
Monster 3 appears in the main game's Endless Mode, being one of the many creatures who can randomly engage the player in a chase. It appears in random places when player enters the room. Monster 3's chase is made significantly harder due to its fast attack speed, large hitbox, and the cramped environments of standard rooms.
"Old Experiments", Monster 3's chase theme.
Noises heard from Monster 3:
- Monster 3 design is based off Flesh Lip, a monster from Silent Hill 2.
- It is the only Monster from the DLC that can re-appear after being killed with the sword.
- It will not appear when the player encounters Monster 4.
- However, if the player kills Monster 4 with the sword, Monster 3 will start to appear in its rooms again.
- Monster 3 has the biggest hitbox out of all the enemies in the game.
- Monster 3's chase theme is the music from the hospital's basement.
Monster 3 has seemed to gain a new glitched head image.
When attacking, it now makes a clanking sound instead of the regular damage sound, and deals 20 damage instead of 16.
Monster 3 no longer reappears when killed with the sword. Whenever the player is not directly ahead of it, it stops moving and slowly turns towards them. It no longer plays the ambient music of the Secret Laboratory when chasing the player.
Monster 3 seems to be faster than in the original. On the other hand, it can now be hit by the Axe or Sword, making it teleport away to a place in the room outside the player's field of view and deduct one room of the chase duration. If hit 10-14 times, it will disappear from the room and it won't return in the next room.
Monster 3's new slow turning can be exploited to significantly slow it down and potentially minimize the damage taken.
It now has its own starting room, which is a rusted metal catwalk that goes straight to the door, with an opening that has Monster 3 inside it.
- Monster 3 is the only chaser of the game to lack any kind of chase theme in Endless Mode
- Unknown Specimen 2 still overrides the music with its own "track", which is silent.