Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access additional functions.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats, administrators, moderators, and rollbacks on any wiki in which they are a bureaucrat. Bureaucrats have total control over the Wiki.
The Head Bureaucrat (currently Émilie) is the owner of the Wiki in the absence of the actual owner.
Their additional functions include:
- Being able to quickly rollback undesirable edits.
- Deleting and restoring pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking users from editing.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Having this status causes the Sysop tag to appear on the user's userpage.
The Head Administrator (currently IvanDoomy) is the staff team's leadership, and they decide who becomes local staff.
Content Moderator Abilities
Content Moderators are users who have additional options available to manage thread conversations in the Forum and Message Wall features, and some features to help manage pages. These additional functions include:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads.
- Manage Forum boards.
- Move threads from one board to another.
- Highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Access to the Rollback feature.
Having this status causes the Content Moderator tag to appear on the user's userpage.
Anyone can revert vandalism and edits made in bad faith, but it takes a couple of clicks in the page history to get it done. Users with the rollback permission are able to undo such edits with one click, by using the rollback link on diff pages, user contributions list, or the list of recent changes.
Local Wiki Staff
Many Wikis have various rules and the like concerning their local staff (admins, mods, etc. pertaining to that particular Wiki only). For the Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion Wiki, some things to know include:
- We do not have any type of application for local staff. All local staff are hand-picked by whoever the current staff is, and such spaces are earned.
- Only local staff get coloured names.
- Admins may have custom colours.
This Wiki's Owner
|Shruk||January 9, 2015||Owner|
This Wiki's Bureaucrats
|Émilie||October 19, 2019||Head Bureaucrat|
This Wiki's Administrators
|IvanDoomy||April 3, 2021||Head Administrator|
This Wiki's Moderators
|CreepyLilGhoul||February 28, 2021||Content Moderator, Rollback|