The White Cat appears as a small cat with black oval shaped eyes and no whiskers. Her fur is light pink in color, except for the inside of her ears and the area around her eyes, which are a darker shade of pink. She is always shown in a sitting position, constantly wagging her long curved tail. Lastly, she is always shown with an anime-esque "sushi cat" smile.
When the player enters Room 410, they will see a red line on the floor with some text beside it that says "Threshold of Consciousness". Crossing the line makes The White Cat appear and welcome the player, saying: "Well hello there. Are you lost, little one?". When the player interacts with The White Cat, she will say: "This place can help those who are ready, but expect turmoil more than you are used to."
The player then can choose to go down the western, northern, or eastern hallway.
The eastern hallway connects to one room that contains complex wall structures with moving, galaxy-like textures, giving the illusion that the player is in an endless void. The White Cat, this time floating around in the void, says: "Balance is the key to keeping your mind free and sane."
The western hallway leads to two rooms:
The door on the right side leads to a room with pink and-yellow textured walls and floor and a white ceiling. In this room, the player is greeted with two points of interest: red, worm-like creatures on the ground, going perpetually back and forth; and a demonic looking compass which is constantly pointing at the player - both of which are purely cosmetic. Talking to The White Cat in this room will prompt her to say: "Two sides of the same coin. Knowing your projections can help you achieve freedom."
The second room, which is on the left side, looks like an office building in a city. Distant phone calls can be heard, and 2D textured windows can be found on the western wall. On the other end of the room is a computer which shows the following rapidly alternating lines of text:
- "Put on your mask"
- "Be who you are to others"
- "Be part of something"
- "Become more than yourself"
- "Follow the group"
In this room, The White Cat says: "The mask you wear serves its purpose well, but be careful not to lose yourself in it."
The northern hallway only includes one door at the very end. The end of the hallway is filled with blood splatters. Entering the room leads the player into a pitch-black room. Approaching The Cat in the center of the room reveals an illuminated door. Interacting with her will elicit the response: "Knowing your shadow can greatly help you, but be ready to see what you'd rather not be."
Upon opening the door, the player will enter a blood red, rotating hallway. Upon going forward and exiting the hallway, Specimen 7 will appear and chase them for several rooms, before the room layout returns to normal. After this, The White Cat is never seen or heard from for the rest of the game.
- The White Cat could possibly be a reference to The Black Cat from the RPG horror game, The Witch's House in which it appears at random locations, including near a clock, but only acts as a minor character and save point.
- In the game's files, The White Cat is referred to as "Cheshire", which is most likely a reference to the "Cheshire Cat" from Lewis Carroll's famous novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- The rooms that she appears in could be in reference to the game Yume Nikki, where there is a room with doors circling around it.
- The rooms The White Cat talks about are a reference to the archetypes of the unconscious proposed by Carl Jung.
- She most clearly references the Persona and the Shadow, the Persona being the "mask" of social conformity, and the Shadow being our unconsciously repressed desires and trauma. The other two rooms are possibly referencing the Self and the Anima/Animus.
- The White Cat's design is heavily inspired by Kyubey from Madoka Magica with the eyes, color, and the swooshing tail.
- Additionally, there's a poster of Kyubey around Room 165, in one of the classrooms.